We’re committed to achieving environmental best practice
Letterbox Distribution and the environment
We’re committed to achieving environmental best practice wherever possible.
Letterbox Distribution adheres to the international standard for environmental management systems. In 2011, our site was certified to ISO 14001, enabling us to maintain a high standard of environmental practice. We also:
- Recycle all of our materials – ranging from paper, plastic and cardboard to glass, metal and toner cartridges
- Reuse all of our pallets
- Ensure our vehicles comply with the GLA’s London-wide Low Emission Zone requirements
- Avoid making unnecessary journeys and consolidate our vehicles, where possible
- Only use non-hazardous chemicals or substances
- Encourage our clients and suppliers to avoid unnecessary use of packaging, ensure their printed literature carries the Recycle It messaging and use environmentally-friendly materials
As a response to the growing climate crisis, we offer a range of green services from delivering in zero emissions vehicles to printing on recycled paper. We support local charity Dream for Trees and Ecologi in donating a number of trees for every 10,000 leaflets we deliver.
We are members of the Climate Pledge.
Our environmental policy
We’re continuously striving to monitor and proactively reduce the environmental impact of all of our operations.
We measure our environmental performance on an on-going basis
We conduct regular environmental reviews. These reviews also ensure we’re meeting our policy goals and compliance requirements.
Our entire team is committed to reducing our footprint
One of the ways in which we work towards reducing our environmental impact is by training and regularly promoting environmental awareness across our organisation, from our managers to our distribution team.
We encourage our suppliers and clients to consider the environment
We work with our suppliers and clients to develop services that are kind to the environment. This includes making sure their purchasing policies are as sustainable as possible.
Our suppliers are also encouraged to fully consider the environmental impact of their business at all times. That’s why we conduct environmental impact assessments as part of our risk assessment and management procedures from time-to-time.
We also ask our suppliers to provide proof of their environmental credentials.
Want to find out more or have any questions about our environmental standards or policy? Contact us